Monday, January 5, 2009

First day of school

Today was, unfortunately, our first day back at school. We both could have used another month or so of break, but no such luck. We had lots of fun spending time with family and friends, and wished we could have done more!

Last night, Peter discovered that his scholarship and grant money had all been taken away from his account, and he had a notice saying he no longer qualified, and he had a hold on his registration so he couldn't switch into the classes he wanted to take. Plus, when you are late to pay tuition (as he now was, because when we checked it a week ago the scholarships had paid it all) they report you to the credit agency. It made for a very stressful night and morning.

Turns out Peter can appeal to get his money back. He had taken too many credits, but because he is a double major the chances of a successful appeal are pretty good (we hope!)

My day was fine. My classes today were really easy and I think they will be fun. I had orchestra again for the first time in a year and a half. I have missed playing my viola, so it will be really fun to have a reason to play regularly again.

Hopefully the rest of the semester goes smoothly!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Yikes!! What an awful/terrifying/horrible thing to happen. I hope you get it figured out!

Wag-a-Muffin said...

O.k., I am trying to find the logic in taking away someone's grant money because they took too many classes? And I cannot--because it is not logical.
"I am not going to pay you for fixing my car, because it runs too well now?"
or
"You did too good of a job on this project, so I'm docking your pay?"

I hope it all gets resolved. (Good luck.)