Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving and the Grand Canyon

For Thanksgiving, Peter and I drove with my sister Sara down to our aunt's house in Cottonwood, Arizona. Cottonwood is about an hour south of Flagstaff, for those of you who haven't heard of it. It was tons of fun. There were lots of people from the Black side of the family there, and my mom's sister and her husband came up from Phoenix as well. My cousin Aaron and his wife Nerissa announced that they are expecting their first baby in July, which was exciting to hear. We played lots of games and didn't go to sleep before midnight the whole weekend. I am now exhausted, but it was totally worth it. :-)

Aunt Liz and Eli, my cousin Brett's son.

On Saturday, Peter's mom, brother, sister, and sister's boyfriend drove down from Utah to visit the Grand Canyon. I visited the North Rim last summer, but I had never been to the South Rim. It was very beautiful to see. A highlight of the trip was our helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon. I had never been in a helicopter before, and it was incredible. Flying was so much fun, and the view of the canyon was spectacular!!!

Here we all are in front of the helicopter.
A view from Peter's window.

Peter and the view.
Here I am!
The weekend was a blast. We love our family, and we are so happy we got to spend time with them!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow! Now that's the way to see the Grand Canyon!

Kirsten Treff said...

Looks like it was lots of fun!

gina said...

What a fun weekend! Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving. That makes me want to go see the Grand Canyon. I haven't been there since I was a child.

Brie said...

I wish I could have been at the family reunion.

The Grand Canyon trip looked fun, too. I've never been there. Or at least, I don't think I have.