Friday, November 7, 2008

A crazy day of presentations!

This past week has been crazy. Peter is presenting today at BYU's Economic Self-Reliance Conference. He's been doing a lot of research with a professor and with people at the Center for Economic Self-Reliance, and so today they are presenting that research to the people at the conference. I think it's great that he gets the opportunity to present and to participate in the conference, especially because the conference provided dinner for both of us for the past two nights. :-)

Peter is also giving a presentation today for a private equity case competition, in Spanish. It just so happens that this case competition has also booked his entire day--they started at 8am, and it goes later than the ESR conference. So he is going to be jumping back and forth between the conference and the competition, and I get to be the chauffeur. Of course they couldn't schedule the two big events in the same location. That would make life too easy for us.

Last night, we were on campus until 3 in the morning so Peter and his group could finish their presentation. Why didn't I go home, you might ask. Well, I decided it would be a good time for me to catch up on all the American Heritage readings I have been skipping for the past two+ weeks. I have a midterm on Monday, and I thought last night was a good a time as any to do the reading. So I read American Heritage from 9-2, and Peter and his group worked on their slides for the presentation from 9-2, and then from 2-3 I was the audience while their group practiced the presentation.

Needless to say, we're tired today.

I really hope both presentations go awesome, and I hope they win their competition! We'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: