Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Going to Ghana


We are going to Ghana! On Monday we found out that Peter got an internship in Ghana for this coming January-April. He has been doing a lot of research on microfranchises, which are small businesses to help people in 3rd world countries get out of poverty, and the internship is to help set up and manage a new set of microfranchises. (This is the watered-down version for non-business people like me. If you want more details, ask Peter.)


I am really excited and a little nervous, of course. I think it will be an amazing work experience for Peter and an amazing experience in general for us both. I don't even know what city we're going to, or if we have to get crazy shots, or anything. But it's going to be an adventure.

7 comments:

Joe said...

That's exciting! Congratulations, guys. There were a couple of members of my ward in Lowell who were from Ghana. Sadly, I didn't learn much about the country from them. But they were nice, friendly people.

Chioma said...

Wow rachel that is so cool! I need to see you before you leave! wow congrats!

Tammy said...

Can I just say I am completely jealous? Congrats on the internship!

Heidi said...

That is so exciting! However, I am completely devastated that you won't be at the Museum next semester...

Brie said...

That's so wonderful! You'll have to take tons of pictures and post them on your blog.

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

congrats! i have a friend who lived there for like two years. verrrry exciting!!

Becca Boo said...

That is crazy! But super exciting! You will definately have to keep me updated on that adventure!