Wednesday, October 22, 2008

spontaneity

Tonight, I decided to come home early instead of waiting for Peter on campus so I could get some housework done. I also made dinner, which we usually don't start thinking about until 7:30. I was really excited to have a good dinner planned and ready right when we walked in the door. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. Dinner still wasn't ready until 8:00, and I didn't make enough. As soon as we finished all of the food, our conversation went something like this:

me-"Peter, are you still hungry? I'm still hungry."
Peter- "yeah."
me- "what else should we eat?"
Peter- "let's go get tacos."
me-"okay."

30 seconds later, we were out the door and on our way to purchase some tacos to finish off our dinner of curried chicken and rice... Peter also decided that after getting our tacos we should drive around and figure out where the spotlight we'd been seeing every night was coming from.

It was really fun. :-) I love when we do random fun things like this when we really don't have time, but we make time anyways.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Good for you. It's amazing how there always seems to be enough time...so why not enjoy life?

Joe said...

Sounds fun. I can't remember the last time Tiffani and I did something sponateous like that. I guess it's harder with a kid. Also, there are no good taco places in Syracuse.