Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Job etc.

So since we've been home, I have been sending out a few job applications here and there. I wasn't looking too seriously for a job because I wanted to know where we were going to live so I could get something close since I wasn't very optimistic about getting a job that I liked (i.e. a museum job). One of the places I applied to called me in for an interview, and they liked me so much they offered me the job on the spot. It's not the greatest job in the world, but it will be nice to have a paycheck. Today was my first day. I work in student services for Trump University, which is an online school that Donald Trump started so that other people can learn how to be rich like he is. I take calls from people who are registering for classes and events, and then I call people to remind them to come to the events they signed up for.

This evening, we went to Sizzler for dinner and got steaks, because we got a coupon for them in the mail. My expectations were definitely exceeded. My steak was amazing, and their salad bar was really good too. Peter didn't get so lucky with his steak, unfortunately. So Dad, next time you're in town, we just might have you take us to Sizzler for steaks. :-)

Did I ever write on here that we had an offer accepted on a house? I'm not sure. Anyways, it is in Bountiful, but we're running into all kinds of problems with it so we are still looking at other houses. It has been frustrating because we thought we were done and would be into our house by Halloween, and now we'll probably have to rush to be into any house by the end of November. Oh well.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Congrats on the job, and good luck with the house that is so exciting! Buying/selling a home is always frustrating and takes forever, hang in there it will happen. You'll have to post some pics on the house you end up in.

Wag-a-Muffin said...

Whoo Hoo. I didn't know you were buying a house. Congrats. And like Jenn, I'd like to see photos, too.

And thank you for helping us out. : )

Kirsten Treff said...

Congrats on the new job! And we love Sizzler:)