Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Car Wash

This morning when I went out to my car, I discovered that it had been egged. I was pretty sad about it, because I think egging is just about the meanest prank you can do because it is so destructive. Of course, I had come outside with just barely enough time to get to work, so I had to leave the eggs on my car. And it snowed all day long today. I spent a lot of the day worrying that I had frozen eggs on my car and they would never, ever come off, but I decided to go to a car wash on my way home anyway. I work right next to Ikea, so I went to the Super Tunnel Car Wash that is also right next to Ikea, and the guy there was amazing. Even though, like I said, it was cold and snowy, he spent a long time scrubbing my car and getting all the egg crap off before he sent it through their washer. He was really happy and smiley and it just made my day. I was only sorry I didn't have cash to tip him. So here is my tip instead. If you ever are in need of a car wash and happen to be by Draper, go to the Super Tunnel Car Wash!

3 comments:

Ceri said...

we used to get egged on a regular basis at our apartment if we parked on the street, it is such a stupid and mean thing to do to people, and it usually happens during the summer when it is a million degrees. So if you don't wash it off fast, you have eggs sunny side up stuck to your car. I totally feel for you. Sorry it happened!

Jenn said...

It seems early for Halloween pranks, but I guess they happen anytime. Sorry, that stinks! I totally believe in word of mouth recommendations good and bad. I always try to call a manager of an establishment and report the exceptional customer service of great employees. It's also a lot more fun than reporting bad stuff, and the people are usually shocked and happily surprised that I'm not calling to complain.

gina said...

I'm sorry about your egg incident. It is such a mean thing to do -

Don't you love finding places like that -that go the extra mile for you?