Saturday, August 22, 2009

Home Again

After 25 long, long, long hours of travel we are finally home! I will write more about the trip and our adventures during our last week later. I'll just say that everything went smoothly and we were very grateful for that.

Peter went to the hospital this morning to get checked out, and so far he looks okay. He has another appointment on Wednesday to make sure; I guess they weren't willing to do a lot because he didn't have his treatment record, and the doctor was more worried about the malaria than the typhoid even though we are reasonably sure that all of Peter's problems are coming from typhoid and NOT malaria. (Last time he was tested in Ghana he did have typhoid, but no malaria.)

I am so incredibly grateful to live in the US. There are SO many blessings that we have because we live in this country, things that I totally took for granted before. I have been constantly finding new things to be grateful for during the 12 hours that I have been home.

5 comments:

Wag-a-Muffin said...

I am thankful you guys are home safe (if not sound.)

Jenn said...

Glad you guys made it back ok!

Kirsten Treff said...

Welcome home!!!

Brie said...

Welcome back!

Tiffani said...

Yay! I'm glad you're back and that Pete is doing ok. I agree--there are many things in the U.S. to be grateful for! Welcome back!