Thursday, August 13, 2009

Health and Job Updates

Peter has typhoid again. Or, I should say, he never got rid of it the first time, and on Monday his fever came back and he is sick again. We went to the doctor and they gave him more and different medicines, so we're hoping this time they kill it for good. On our way to the hospital, I saw a woman riding a motorcycle with the full Islamic head covering--no eyes visible. It was funny and slightly terrifying at the same time. I know there is some visibility through those cloths, but enough to safely navigate a motorcycle?

Also, I heard back from the museum I applied to and they do not want to interview me. I'm a little sad, both because I wanted to go home early and I wanted the job, but it is also a good thing. Now we will almost definitely live in Salt Lake close to Peter's job, and I'm sure I will be able to find something close by so that neither one of us will have to commute.

We have 18 days left in Ghana, and probably 12-14 days left in Tamale. We're planning to spend our last few days as tourists on the coast, visiting the slave castles and the rainforest.

I can't wait to go home!!!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Sorry to hear about Peter's health and about your job...but I'm glad you still have a positive outlook! You've definitely had an adventure this summer...and thanks for sharing it!

gina said...

Hope Peter starts feeling better so you can enjoy your last days there. What an adventure you have had. When you get back - come do a slide show night for us at Robert & Marilyn's. I'd love to hear all the stories and learn more about life there - & love to have my boys see that too.

That museum just lost out! Too bad for them - and YOUR fabulous job is out there waiting for you to come home, pluck it up, and make it yours. :)

The lady on the motorcycle - funny!

Looking forward to seeing you soon. Safe travels...

Jenn said...

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hopefully, you will both be back to good health soon before you come home, and hopefully before you go sight seeing so you can enjoy it.

Sorry to hear about the job as well, believe me we know how much that stinks. Good luck with everything and hope to see you back in the good old USA soon.