Thursday, February 26, 2009

I passed my defense!

Yesterday was my honors thesis defense. It went really well. I was nervous going into it, but I didn't need to be. The questions that were asked were fair and I got really good feedback on how to improve my thesis before it is published.

Since you may be wondering, this is what my thesis is about:

In 2006, the Reidhead family donated a collection of over a thousand Southwestern whole ceramic pots, hundreds of arrowheads, shell jewelry, etc. to the museum where I work. They had collected all of these artifacts over a period of about 20 years. They excavated most of the artifacts in their collection themselves at archaeological sites near their home. I went to visit them in Arizona last summer and interviewed some of them about where they found the objects in the collection and what they did with them from the time they dug them up until they donated them to the museum.

It's a really interesting story. I think it will be published electronically as well, and I will post the link here when it is so that anybody who wants to read it can.

I submit my final, final draft for publication next week. I am really excited to be almost done, and really excited to be graduating with honors!

5 comments:

J.F. said...

Congratulations, It's always nice for such a big event to go well for you.

Ceri said...

Congratulations!!!! :)

Brie said...

That's so great! Congrats!

Kirsten Treff said...

congrats! I started BYU in the Honors program, but quickly gave it up...I kind of wish I had pursued it - so kudos to you for making all the extra efforts!

Jenn said...

Good Work!!