Friday, July 11, 2008

Snowflake, Arizona


This weekend we are in Snowflake Arizona. We came down so I could do some research for my honors thesis. I am interviewing a family that donated a huge collection of pottery to the museum where I work about where they found the pots, and how they collected them, and things like that. We are staying at the Osmer D. Heritage Bed & Breakfast. It's an old house built by one of the founding families of Snowflake, and it is the best b&b we have been to thus far. The people who work here are super nice and friendly, the breakfast is AWESOME, and the rooms are all cute. If you ever need to come to Snowflake for any reason, we definitely recommend it.

On the way down here, we nearly got killed by a tumbleweed that was bigger than Peter and I put together. It randomly came loose from the guardrail and smashed into the front/side of our car, and after that every little tumbleweed that blew across the road made me jump.

Also, it's not too hot down here, which surprised me. It was overcast this morning, and the high is only supposed to be like 80-85ish.

Well, the interview is tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well. I'll post about it afterwards.

2 comments:

Sara & Ty Nelson said...

Hey guys! Wow, sounds exciting and adventurous.

It has been a while so I thought I'd pop into blogger's land and say hello.

We miss you both down here...but I can guess you are not missing the south florida summer! ;)

You guys are so cute. I loved the pics from the 4th.
Love,
Sara and Ty

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

thanks. and yes, yes we do need to hang out.