Sunday, July 20, 2008

Arizona Part II

So the interview went very, very well. The people I interviewed were really nice and friendly, and they had a lot of good stories to tell. Right after the interview, we drove 3-ish hours down to Mesa to visit my grandparents Black. They had a random butternut squash plant grow that they didn't plant, and they gave us one of the squashes. I had never eaten butternut squash before, and it was really good!

After visiting my grandparents, we drove an hour to Peoria to visit my mom's youngest sister. She is expecting a baby any day now, and they moved into a new house about 3 months ago. We had a wonderful time visiting them.



David, Stephanie, Me, Peter. I can't even really tell she's pregnant in this picture.


Cactus near their house in Peoria. Cactus takes a really long time to grow, so big ones like these are hundreds of years old.


The next day we stopped in Cottonwood, Arizona and ate dinner with my dad's oldest sister and her husband. After that, we drove all through the night except for when Peter got too tired, so we had to stop. We got home at 5 in the morning. It made for a pretty crazy week, because we hadn't gotten any sleep, but it was totally worth it.

No comments: