Friday, April 29, 2011

Come see my new exhibit!



For the past year, the students who are in the museum certificate program with me have been working on an exhibit of Mayan textiles and clothing. The exhibit opened this week, and it will be up for 2 years. It was a lot of work, and it turned out to be a really cool exhibit. It looks even better than I thought it would. Mayan clothing is really colorful and vibrant, and we covered the walls of the exhibit hall with black fabric so the pieces really pop.

So, if you happen to be in Provo for any reason, you should stop by the Museum of Peoples and Cultures to see it! The address is 700 N 100 E, the exhibit is free, and there is free parking right across the street from the museum.

2 comments:

Wag-a-Muffin said...

I wish I could. It looks like something I'd really enjoy.

Rebekah said...

It's an AMAZING exhibit. It was sad to see the end of New Lives, but this is an excellent replacement. Rachel, I am so impressed!